Forums » Sober Community

Addiction in Words

• 13 posts
    December 30, 2021 6:00 PM EST

Temptation never sleeps, it creeps up like bad memory which I know I have plenty of and just rests there upon my shoulders, waiting and waiting. Taunting and quietly terrorizing me to come out and play just once more, for old times sake. Reminding me of all the good times we’ve shared together. Ignoring the restless nights of kicking and screaming, sweating sick. Ignoring the scars littered along my arms. Ignoring the work and time I’ve put together. I can only smoke so many cigarettes and drink god knows however many cups of bad cheap coffee before I accept this invitation to throw it all away, but like this noontime devil resting on my shoulder I too can play this waiting game.

• 34 posts
    December 31, 2021 12:09 AM EST

I am grateful you made it here and are alive today! It's not worth throwing it all away. Nothing is worth that pain, degradation, feeling worthless, disrespect of self and others, etc. That's why I take it one day at time and don't pick up no matter what. 

• July 1, 2022 10:54 AM EDT

Nothing is worth drinking & drugging over. I have my moments for sure, but I replay the tape in my head over and over and remember why I got clean/sober in the first place. ODAAT! If you don't think you can make it 24 hours, try one hour, one minute, one second.....

• 22 posts
    July 9, 2022 11:22 AM EDT
    Thank you for sharing this!