Forums » Sober Rants

ZOOM BOMBERS!

• 34 posts
    January 7, 2022 2:08 AM EST

As I sit in meetings and listen to people disrupt them, I wonder, what is so wrong with people that they are compelled to so blatantly disrespect a place of recovery. Do they not have lives? Sometimes I find it amusing and cannot help but laugh. At other times I am sickened and disgusted by people, yet the only thing I can do is pray for them. But it never makes sense to me... they get off on interrupting my most sacred place for a few seconds and then proceed to get kicked out... WTF is the point?! I guess it is the same when I used to prank call people when I was in elementary school or jr. high. Zoom has definitely made an impact on changing the entire world within the past couple years... at least it has done more good than bad... I think...

• 3 posts
    February 17, 2022 8:15 AM EST

We had "slip" meetings, meaning the court required you to do 2 meetings a week, for those found guilty of DUI.  Those slips had to be signed and brought back to your PO.  I found those people weren't there for the benefits of the meeting but only there to get their slips signed.  I found them very annoying.  I was there for the same reason only trying to take it serious.  I get what you're saying.