Forums » Recovery Is Possible

Don't Give Up 5 Minutes Before the Miracle Happens

• 30 posts
    February 27, 2022 6:12 PM EST

I don’t know where you’ve been, and that’s ok.
    We may have traveled different paths to get to this exact moment, and that’s ok. I do know where we’ve been isn’t a good place, it isn’t a healthy place, you might be holding on by a thread, you might think you’re too far gone to come back. I’d like to share one of my darkest moments, and this was after I sobered up. My past caught up with me 2018 New Years weekend, 4 felony arrest warrants, and a warrant officer that was in hot pursuit. He searched my moms house, then came up to the hospital looking for me. I spent the entire weekend looking out my window waiting for them to roll up. I had the chance to run and hide, and I seriously thought about taking flight. But I was tired of running, I was tired of looking over my shoulder. I decided that this moment was prob the most important moment of my life, I decided that I wouldn’t run anymore, I would face the charges. They didn’t come for me over the weekend, they picked me up Tuesday when I got back to work. I spent 90 days in county jail and had the charges added to my drug court plea. If I would have ran then I prob would have caught 10 years, but because I chose to face the consequences I got my life back, I realized the voice inside me that was screaming for me to run was my addiction, and for the first time ever I told it to stfu. I took back the power. The same power is inside of you. My life changed that day, I accepted that I could never lose myself ever again, I remember vividly how the police was following me that Tuesday and despite being afraid I totally surrendered myself and won my life back. 

#RecoveryTodayMag #soberslogans #recovery #Godisgood #addictionmanifesto #brokenchainsapparel #wearethesober #mentalhealth #oresystem #soberverse