Forums » Relationships in Recovery

Part Three

• 15 posts
    March 16, 2022 12:26 AM EDT
    Part Three

As we continued to use because it was all we had left to do. I was convinced I had no other choice. We ran hard, we lied, cheated, stole and sold ourselves for just one more fix.

I lost my father, my kids were just visiting when we could stop for a day. I didn't want to lose the "last person who loved me". I had to stay and make sure we would be together "no matter what."
    HA!
    That was a big Joke\ud83e\udd23.
    We needed a way to get around because we lost our transportation. So a brilliant idea was hatched. Once again he was back in jail. I Found myself alone at the dealers place, unable to stop using, to pay for what I needed and trying to get him out of jail too.
    True Love right.
    I did everything imaginable, things I never would have believed.
    I got the news my man was not going to be released, feeling totally Alone and Completely Powerless. I Prayed God Please get me away from this life, please help me , I want to live.
    I was being taken to perform for another (because I belonged to the dealer). I saw my opportunity to get away and I did. I ran like my life depended upon it (it did). I got to a convenient store. I placed a collect call to my mom, asked for her help. I went inside told the clerk my life was in danger and I needed to stay put until my mother could pick me up.
    The clerk to compassion on me, gave me something to eat, drink and fronted me a pack of cigarettes.
    My mom got there about 2 hours later. I was that far from home. She gladly paid for the items I got.
    I felt a huge relief to see her come to my rescue. I was willing to do anything to get out of the trap I was in.
    I made a verbal agreement of exactly what I wasn't sure.
    I slept for three days, only got up to drink and use the restroom. Didn't eat much at all.
    She didn't ask any questions at first. She just let me rest.
    After 3 days, I had some clarity and I began looking into where my husband was.I discovered he had been convicted and sentenced to 18 months for grand theft auto.