Forums » Recovery Is Possible

The War Within.

• 30 posts
    March 29, 2022 1:40 PM EDT

The War Within. I believe that inside us all there is a constant battle, between good and evil. I believe it’s always been there, the ultimate test with the highest stakes, our souls. We have free will to make our choices, we are free to change sides anytime. The scriptures say that God is within us all, so I gotta believe the Devil is within us all too. I have seen both sides, maybe you have too. The Devil uses addiction to influence our lives, it uses our pain, fear, misery to manipulate us to find that quick fix to escape. The pain, fear, misery is never going to be healed by using drugs, why should it? As long as we are dependent on using drugs or alcohol to escape our reality then we are hooked, without the pain, fear, misery we might be tempted to regain control of our lives. Recovery is different, it’s a game changer. Recovery teaches us that we are strong enough to face that pain, fear, misery. It may hurt, but we will heal. It will give us the courage to face life on life’s terms, the good and the bad. I can look back at my darkest days and smile, not because I’m proud of it, but because it gave me the power and knowledge to fully believe that my life has value. I’m not that person anymore that hides from reality by getting high or drunk. My life is amazing today not because I have everything I want but because I have everything I need to be happy. Recovery gave me this. And for that I am forever grateful. 

• 22 posts
    July 9, 2022 11:09 AM EDT
    Love this!