Forums » Struggling to Stay Sober

The Biggest Investment You Will Ever Make

• 30 posts
    February 22, 2022 6:57 PM EST

The most important investment that you will ever make is in you. If someone asked you to make a list of people or places or things that you love, would your name be on that list? To do amazing things you gotta believe in yourself. Did you know Thomas Edison failed over 1000 times before he got the light bulb right? Failures are building blocks to success. I don’t care if you tell me you’ve failed, I only care about what you say next, did you get back up and try again? If people knew the numbers of times that I failed, would they still believe in me? Trick question because I’ll always believe in me, so I’ll always pick myself up and keep moving forward. ‘Fall Forward” - moving forward despite failures and bumps in the road.

• February 25, 2022 6:39 AM EST
    #fallforward
    • 30 posts
    March 22, 2022 1:36 PM EDT
    Absolutely \ud83d\udcaf
    • 13 posts
    April 13, 2022 3:42 PM EDT

If there was ever a thing to put stock on and invest in it’s surely sobriety. No matter what you do,as long as you remain drink free; the world is literally yours. High risk/high reward I suppose. It’s an investment that at first seems impossible but gradually with time things get better, not overnight but with time which is why meditation is so important. it teaches you tricks to practice mind over matter. But whats more important is that there a no dues or fees for feeling a bit better each day and a little less alone and working with the others just like you.                                                                                                    

This post was edited by Stephen McCoy at April 13, 2022 4:25 PM EDT
    • 1 posts
    April 28, 2022 8:25 PM EDT

This resonates!

• September 23, 2022 1:40 PM EDT
    I agree! \ud83d\ude4c