Forums » Recovery Is Possible

Truth About Addiction

• 30 posts
    February 22, 2022 7:01 PM EST

I was that hopeless guy lost in the matrix, my life was a living train wreck, my family disowned me, my true friends avoided me, and I couldn’t blame anyone because I was the toxic person in every...single...relationship. That’s where addiction takes you, it breaks you down piece by piece by piece until you just don’t care about anything. Jails or prison? Didn’t phase me, I’ve done time. Loss of my freedom? Didn’t matter. I didn’t have anyone that would miss me. They’d prob sleep better at night knowing I wasn’t out there running the streets. It’s this exact type of addictive thinking that screws us up. When we don’t care if we live or die, if we go to jail, if we eat or sleep, if we get to spend time with our children or our loved ones? That’s the addiction matrix taking over, it’s breaking you down to the point of no return. I know because it did it to me!! I wanted to get out of that lifestyle but do you know what my brain told me? "Nobody cares about you, nobody is going to miss you, I am your only friend, I got your back!" Think about that, my mind didn’t tell me to go sober up, that wasn’t even on the menu, That’s how twisted our thinking patterns become. We just don’t care. That’s where this addiction matrix takes us, it tells us the only way out is in a body bag AND WE BELIEVE IT!! That’s such bs!! We can quit , we can sober up, find Recovery and go live this amazing life. How about that option? Death or Recovery? I think I’m sticking to what gave me back my life. All glory to God for saving a guy like me when I didn’t deserve it. And for His grace I will keep sharing the truth about addiction until I reach the person that needs to hear it. #recovery #RecoveryPosse #recoverysurvey #soberslogans #sober #RecoveryTodayMag #wearethesober #oresystem #mentalhealth