Forums » Recovery Is Possible

Break the Shackles

• 30 posts
    February 22, 2022 7:03 PM EST
    Break the shackles.
    Hopeless? Broken? Lost?
    I was that ‘guy’ that believed my life was done. The horror that had become my normal. Robbing, Cheating, Stealing, Manipulating. Addiction changes us. Mentally, Emotionally and Physically, it consumes us then destroys us. I’ve danced with the devil. The devil is the worlds greatest salesman, he will use everything bad in your life, some real and some fabricated, to get you to sign your life over. He will promise you the moon and the stars above and deliver none of that. He will then convince you how unworthy and unloved you have become. To the brink of insanity and the irrational beliefs that feed our choices, we surrender our life.
    But...
    Something changed inside of me, my soul broke free from the shackles that had bound me to ‘that life.’ No longer was I believing the lies and bs the devil was selling. I saw the truth!! I am worthy! I am loved! My life does matter!! And that’s when the devil loses his power. Believe in ‘you.’ You are worthy, You are loved, and your life does matter. Why? Because your success gives me strength, it gives strength to others to do the same, it will give hope to others that you haven’t met yet.