Forums » Sober Rants

Traditions

• 15 posts
    February 22, 2022 9:55 PM EST

Traditions of Narcotics Anonymous seem to be very different from the parent program they were adapted from.

I have been practicing and studying them for decades. Recently I have had the opportunity to broaden my understanding through the online platform that has opened the world to us.

We have developed study groups and with complete open minds we are listening to each other.

My Rant is focused on the parent program.
    I have recently discovered where (in my informed opinion) that Traditions 6 and 11 are being broken and have been long before this new platform opened up to us.

I had been wondering for Years, but couldn't put a finger on it until recently.

My first encounter was at a friend's house looking for online meetings in this fellowship. I first went online and showed them where to find our meetings. No problem, everything in compliance with the Traditions, virtual meetings list, online meetings list, ect...

I go to the other website and was Floored!!!!
    They blatantly broke Traditions by Plastering
    A.A. ZOOM Meeting list, A.A. ZOOM online meetings, ect....

Really, really!!!

So today just a few days after that, a new sponsee asked a question about the difference between the two program's symbols.

I picked up my "Big Book" and couldn't find it at a glance because I rarely look at it these days. So I said I would get back to her later on that.

Meanwhile we finished our conversation and I couldn't wait to dive into this.

I looked in the back of the book hoping for an index or something to guide me to it. I didn't find it, because I was stopped in my tracks by something alarming.

I would like someone to explain to me how page 572 of the 4th edition complies with Traditions 6 and 11!!!!

V
    The Religiuos View On A.A
    From all I have learned this page is full of endorsement and affiliations and promotions

To be continued.....