Forums » Recovery Is Possible

Want to Change the World?

• 30 posts
    March 1, 2022 7:20 AM EST
    The power to change the world has always been inside you. Want to change the world? Seems like a dauntless task and a ton of work, right? What if I told you it’s not? What if I told you that you have the power to change it?
    When we change our world, the world changes. When we can find the ‘light’ inside us then our world changes for the better. For years I embraced the darkness inside me and my view of the world changed. I saw this evil inside me grow and it consumed me, it changed me. The madness became my life and it affected everything & everyone in my world. Addiction does that, we think we are escaping but we’ve actually just signed up for the express VIP pass to hell. We can never truly escape the madness, we can’t run from our demons or escape from the pain despite what our addictions may be telling us. Our addictions use us, abuse us and then destroy us. How’s that for escaping? Our minds try to block the damage but sometimes all it takes is a little bit of our own ‘light’ to wake us up from the carnage. That’s what saved me, and I’m going to say that’s what saved the millions before me. You have that same ‘light’ inside you, it may be dimmed, it may be switched off, but you have the power to turn it back on. People think that rock bottom is the end, it’s not, death is the end. Rock bottom can be a great foundation to rebuild your life. How do I know? Because I’ve seen it’s potential in others, and I’ve used that motivation to rebuild my own life. I’m proud of the miles that my ‘past self’ has walked to get me here today. And I’m leaving the light on for the next person to find their way back from the madness.
    My challenge to all of you is to share something that you accomplished in your own journey, not for me but for the person that’s still out there to know without a doubt that life does change, our worlds do get better.
    Loving life on Life’s terms
    JR