Forums » Recovery Is Possible

• 30 posts
    April 23, 2022 11:55 AM EDT

I remember when I let it own me, maybe I needed a reason to justify my lifestyle, or my mistakes, or maybe I just lost control of a once promising life, maybe it’s genetics..the truth is I don’t know why I let myself fall so far from Grace for so long. That ‘pain’ is still there, I keep it close, the memory fresh to remind me how fast I could lose everything with just one drink. Just one drink. That’s all it takes, I remember the pain, the misery, the loneliness, the anger, the homelessness, wanting to die. All of it!!! It drives me to keep pushing forward, when somebody asks me why I do what I do? The day I stop pushing forward is the day I grow complacent, anyone that has battled addiction knows that if we get comfortable in our recovery then we are opening the door to relapse. And that is not a option for me...therefore I keep moving forward each day, and if I need that extra motivation? I only have to remember the pain, the misery, the loneliness, the anger, the homeliness. #soberverse #recovery #sober #odaat #mentalhealth #recoveryposse #soberposse#